Sunday, July 10, 2011

Give Me An "OMMMMMMMM!"

This weekend my quest for outdoor yoga led me to a new experience - a very interactive, vocal yoga class.












I will be using the very scientific elementary school grading scale of
X = Yay!
/ = Eh
(the dreaded blank square) = Nay.

[x] Despite ominous clouds, we were only hit by just a few light sprinkles
[x] I miraculously found 2 co-workers in the sea of hundreds of people to set up camp by
[x] Based on the amount of arm-quivering and child pose rests I had to take, I'd say it was a pretty good workout.
[x] It was free. And I found free parking. And a free public restroom.
[x] Amazing setting/view



[/] I was forced to go outside by bubble and make a new yogi friend by introducing yourself to someone new. Because I have such wonderful luck with the opposite sex, I found myself a bald, middle-aged, shirtless, sweaty man for our touchy-feely partner work. He was quite the gentleman, offering, "Do you want me to shirt up?!" Could I have honestly answerd "YES, your sweat repulses me"?







This wasn't me and Shweaty Man, but it could have been!









[Dreaded blank] Instructors asking us to whoop and holler and do yoga cheers.

Can't I just shavasana in peace?!

3 comments:

Afton said...

"shirt up?" Uggh! I think I'll add that to my "things that squick me out" post.

Heather said...

Are those actual pictures from the event? Or did you cut & paste?? It sounds really interesting, and I'm glad you stepped out to embrace sweaty man. :) You're brave to even go for a guy--I always chose women when we'd occasionally do interactive yoga at Satsang.

Senia said...

Nope, those are the real deal! (Didn't you recognize me in the one framing the building?!)