Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time Marches On

I'm still here!

And I am still doing outdoor yoga and loving it. Hopefully we'll have a few more weeks left of yoga-worthy weather. The days are getting shorter, which is making me sad. No more 8pm walks. :-(

I'm still employed. I've officially decided I love my co-workers, which makes work that much more enjoyable. I've been getting harassed for slacking in the baking department, so I think I'll make some cookies this week before I start losing friends.

I am going to the State Fair today. There will be a million people, along with every kind of fried food on a stick that you can imagine (Again, we Minnesotans are so much more diverse than hot dishes and Jell-o. We also create culinary delights such as Deep Fried Butter on a Stick [I'm hoping the rumor isn't true]).

I often walk around Lake Calhoun on Saturday mornings. Yesterday I walked the 5k loop, marveling at the beautiful weather and sparkling lake and wondered, "How could anyone NOT love living here?!" And then I pictured myself walking around the lake in about 4 months... sporting UnderArmour, UGGs, Columbia Sportsware, and mittens, and still frozen to the bone. ... So then I pushed that thought aside and went back to basking in the early morning sun.

My friend Abbey is very preggo.



She is due in just a few weeks and I can't wait to be a (self-proclaimed) Honorary Auntie! We had a small, intimate baby shower (with about 80 people) a few weeks ago. Here was one of my contributions:







Well, I'm off to Trader Joes to stock up on my fresh produce for the week. I think I'll need to detox with my lettuce, carrots, nectarines, and hummus after my on-a-stick purchases at the fair this afternoon.

1 comment:

Afton said...

Your baby shower cookies look AMAZING! Wow times ten!! (Sorry, I live with a bunch of math nerds). And I loved the link to Oatmeal Peanutbutter Cookies III. Bookmarked it and will try it out soon. It seems so fallish.