Friday, July 6, 2012

Contrary to what you may think, I have not fallen off the face of the earth or chosen to "unplug." I haven't even fallen so ga-ga deep into love that I've cut all communication. Life has just been a whirlwhind.

Kevin and I get married 2 months from Sunday. I can't wait but am also embracing this engagement period. Lately I've been reflecting on how quickly each and every phase passes by -- for better or worse.

Here's the quick synoposis of Life of The Soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Lee.

Kevin is applying for jobs in the Twin Cities. His house is up for sale (a few showings, no bites). We have a realtor we're working with in Minneapolis and are looking at houses here. We went out and saw 13 houses last weekend and have a couple of houses we're interested in. Our realtor is a stud (Kevin knows I feel this way and is okay with it) and I'm confident he'll find us a great home. It's been a lot of fun, mixed with a little stress. We are so excited to start this next chapter together, and getting to talk about houses makes it all feel so much more real.

Wedding plans are "up to date" and we're kind of in a holding pattern until closer to the wedding. Although, I do keep having dreams where I just forget to do things, like forget to get my dress altered or forget to get my hair done. Or that one nightmare where I forgot to put fancy soaps in the church bathroom. The other night I dreamt that my bridal party sang and danced down the aisle to the tune of Meet the Flinstones, complete with chunky-bead necklaces just like Wilma (their idea, not mine).

This weekend Kevin and crew (family) are re-shingling his roof. It has been 90-100 degrees for the past week, so... Ish. As of 10pm last night, they were still hydrated, alive, and kicking... haven't gotten an update today so hope they're faring okay.

Kevin will be busy with that this weekend so I will be tapping into my Singledom days, which I'm actually looking forward to. I've done pretty well so far, including getting a massage and wandering around a few favorite stores. I have plans to get together with girlfriends throughout the weekend, have two baby shower cakes to bake on Sunday, etc.

It's going to be a different type of summer, sticking very close to home and without a lot of certain plans. My parents will be here in a couple of weeks, which I'm very much looking forward to, and I'll be making a short trip home in August.

So that's about it. Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow--so busy that you spelled "whirlwind" wrong. Hehe. I just had to tease you about that. ;) Love you!

Kristina said...

Good to hear from you! Love the Flinstones dream :)