Monday, January 12, 2009

Back in Duluth

I am back in the Arctic. 20 below tonight (without windchill), and staying down there for the next few days. But the 10 Day Forecast (It would be on your Favorites list, too, if you lived here!) says it will be a high of 36 next Monday. I am SO excited! "You know you live in the Northland when..." ... you look forward to 36 degree weather! They better not be pulling my leg!

Some random (albeit slightly depressing) notes:

*There is no greater feeling than arriving home. There is (just about) nothing worse than leaving home.
*As much as I think I am independent, I am afraid of being alone.
*I feel insecure when I'm away from home/my parents.
*My home (at home) epitomizes comfort and familiarity.

*I hope my car starts in the morning. (this note is not so deep)

You (Heather and Afton) can look forward to a more upbeat blog, hopefully sometime in the next week.

2 comments:

Afton said...

Hey, I'm thinking about you...you will get back into the swing of things soon and before you know it, you'll be winning shopping sprees and making yummy treats for OT parties. And of course there will be papers and tests, but we won't think about those right now.

And hey, 36 degrees..that's exciting. It was forcasted to be in the 50's today here and I actually considered wearing cropped pants! I'm definitely going to go and see if any of our bulbs are popping up yet.

Find me on facebook chat if you want to talk!

stacey evonne said...

If it makes you feel any better about your weather woes, there was so much flooding around here (compliments of not cold weather, but rain, rain and more rain,) that we were literally stranded in Seattle last week. I-5, along with all highways and railways out of Seattle were submerged in water. And...most flights were already full. Let's just say it was a bad time for Kelly's two friends to visit us!! They both got stuck here and were finally able to catch a flight to Portland on the last day of their winter break.

As far as school goes, before you know it you'll fall back into your normal schedule and the time will pass so quickly!! Have a good week; it's almost the weekend YAY :)