Monday, December 29, 2008

Nostalgia

I always feel a little nostalgic after Christmas, and this year is no different. But it seems this year I am really hanging on to the Christmas music, Christmas mugs, and, yes... Christmas treats. Maybe January 1 I'll be inspired to move on- "in with the new and out with the old." I'll definitely be ready/desperately need to get back on a normal eating regime. Since I've been home I've been eating whatever I wanted, and boy- I've wanted a lot. :-)

We've also been watching old home videos, which certainly adds to the nostalgia. We had so much fun as little kids and were so easily entertained. We didn't have to worry about dead car batteries, research projects, scholarships, or shoveling snow. Maybe that's another reason why I'm enjoying being home- far fewer responsibilities!

2 comments:

Afton said...

Just wait til you get nostalgic for your college days.

Heather said...

Yes, I'm afraid Christmas nostalgia never ends. :) P.S. Your profile pic is gorgeous--did you crop the rest of us out??? ;)