Saturday, April 16, 2011

Infinity

For many, many years, my life has been divided into segments... (relatively) short periods of time that simply felt like segues to the next stage of my life. My junior year of high school, on my way to finally being a senior. My senior year of high school, biding my time until I could start college. First years of college, prerequisites (literally) to start the OT program. The OT program, the next step in finally pursuing my career. Fieldwork, more preparation before starting my career. My boards, another hoop (more like ring of fire) to jump through. Granted, I did my best to make the most of these experiences so this makes it sound worse than it actually was, but still. My life was full of transitions. For the first time in a long time, I feel like my life is fluid, not segmental. I have no end date in mind, no next stage I'm preparing for, no transition I'm anticipating. I just am. One day at a time. Content where I am.

Might I just say it feels amazing!

3 comments:

Afton said...

I'm so glad the blog has been dusted off Senia. Can't wait to keep up with you happenings.

stacey evonne said...

welcome back to the blogging world :)

Heather said...

So exciting to have that contentment & "settled" feeling. Love you!