Monday, April 18, 2011

Ode to Crisco

Oh, Crisco.

How I normally despise thee.

Greasy, fatty, flavorless.

One can't seem to scoop you out of a can without getting an oil-based hand treatment.

Yet so crucial to tender cut-out cookies (Butter just doesn't cut it. I tried).

Which leads me to a greater invention than sliced bread (like it was any competition. How can the "chore" of slicing a loaf of bread even compare to the mess of Crisco in the tub?!)

Thank you for bringing such a joy and simplicity to my life.

All hail the lard!

2 comments:

Afton said...

I, too, have found joy in the sticks of Crisco. More expensive, but some things are just worth it. Also making the Crisco task less disgusting, my Pampered Chef plunger measuring cup.

Heather said...

Even so--I still hate Crisco. ;)