Saturday, October 29, 2011

Going back to my (Duluth) roots

I'm up in Duluth for a weekend of catching up with friends -- and eating. Because that's what social people do.

On a whim, I stopped by St. Scholastica on my way into town yesterday and visited a few of my OT professors and some other staff I worked closely with.

A few instances made me feel old/like I'd been away forever, such as...
-Trying to exit through a "door" that's now just a wall.
-Asking if a former co-worker was around and hearing, "No, she's still on her maternity leave." Huh? A lot can happen in 9+ months...
-Walking around campus with an absence of excessive stress.
-Reporting that life is good.

Being back in Duluth makes me think back on some good memories and appreciate some solid friendships I made during my time here. But most of all it makes me appreciate where I am now. I know I appreciate the "now" all the more because of all I experienced during my 4 years in Duluth - the good and the bad. For instance, there's (still)( nothing "good" about a wind chill factor - brr!

No comments: