Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

I certainly have a great deal to be thankful for. As I've mentioned before, I am thankful for the struggles and hard times I've gone through because they make me even more thankful for where I am today - geographically, emotionally, mentally, physically, socially...

Here's just a sampling, in no particular order:
-My Faith (well, this is in order)
-The 58 degree forecast today: one of the top 5 warmest Thanksgivings in the Twin Cities. I will thoroughly enjoy my Thanksgiving walk today!
-A job: to challenge me, keep me out of trouble, work with wonderful people, pay the bills, and pay for FUN.
-No homework
-Less stress
-Family: especially those that will listen to me ramble on and on about things (Mom, Heather, Mary...)
-Friends that are willing to take me in on Thanksgiving and treat me like a part of their own families
-Old friends
-New friends :-)
-A fully-functioning body that can do just about anything

And random things I'm thankful for:
-Chocolate. Let's be honest.
-Delicious food
-Days off from work
-Coffee, Starbucks
-Wonderful stores like Trader Joes and Whole Foods
-Amazing restaurants serving healthful foods like Birchwood Cafe
-Hot Yoga
-My parking garage
-An apartment that I love
-The internet

This is by no means a comprehensive list, but just a few things that come to mind. It would be wonderful to be home with my family, but I look forward to trip home in less than a month!

1 comment:

Afton said...

I love this list and I love you. Just so you are aware, every time I think of you, I picture you doing that Mary Tyler Moore spin thing and throwing up your hat in the middle of downtown Minneapolis. Like you own the place.