Wednesday, December 7, 2011

There's Nothing Simple About a Gingerbread House

Last night two of my good friends came over to decorate Gingerbread houses (From Ikea, to make your home cozy like the Swedes'). We laughed a lot. We ate a lot of candy. It was super fun and a perfect mid-week diversion!

Unfortunately, there were a few casualties:






I can only proudly post these pictures of my (still standing, knock-on-wood) house because I had many-a-humbling moments during construction, including a cracked piece right out of the box (which I'd like to blame all subsequent structural problems on), a collapsed roof (x 2), and a broken roof shingle.






Oh, and note the absence of a chimney? Mine is going to be one of those houses where Santa just needs to come in the front door. At least I can report that the gingerbread is quite tasty!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cute little houses! I think it looks fun...and delicious.