Friday, April 26, 2013

I was holding out to have the next blog entry be a big unveiling with an "after" picture of our gleaming new kitchen but... it's still dusty and non-functional.  We are making progress but the finished product is still a few weeks out. At this point, I am very ready for it to be done. I am ready to have water access on the same floor, to be able to use a dishwasher, to have more than a 3x2 ft counter space, to be able to cook or bake something that requires more than 3 ingredients, and to plug in appliances to my heart's content without blowing a circuit. Oh -- and ready to have my husband and "us" back. I really shouldn't complain, as I think we've made the most of it and even managed to "entertain" with our make-shift kitchen (see below).

A few other tid bits...

We survived the 2 year Anniversary of Alison and Eleanor's deaths. April stirs up a lot of emotions and insecurities in me, but we made it through. Kevin, as usual, handled it remarkably well. We (coincidentally) ended up having a much-anticipated, 1-night Staycation on "The Anniversary." It was a perfectly relaxing, fun-filled day. We ate delicious foods all day, went to a yard and garden expo, went to a CSA fair and signed up for a veggie share (yipee!), stayed at a hotel, and escaped our work and worries. After months of being consumed by the kitchen project and other "stuff," it was so nice to have some quality one-on-one time together. Can't wait for the next one! :-)

My clinic just moved to a new building, so it's been a hectic few weeks of packing, moving, and now trying to find my way around a *much* larger building! My one day/week at the high school is going well, and it's been a nice change of pace.

My parents were here last week, my mom for a week and my dad for a long weekend. It was fabulous! My dad was able to help Kevin install the bamboo flooring (See?! Progress!) and my mom and I had plenty of girl time -- much needed. The house feels awfully empty with them gone, now. I'll hang on to those warm memories until we (hopefully) make a trip there over 4th of July.

Spring may finally have arrived, despite several snow storms in the last few weeks (which my parents even got in on!). A week ago we were shoveling out our driveway, and today/this weekend the forecast is into the 70s. Finally! Kevin's softball league starts soon, so that'll be our new Monday night routine.

This summer I'll be trying out a 3 day work week (10 hour days) which I am hoping will help me restore a little more balance and decrease some work-related anxiety I've been experiencing. We'll try it out this summer and see how things go. I hope to find some projects to work on, like prepping our bushels of veggies! :-)

If I haven't posted The Reveal in two weeks, send lots of chocolate. By then, I'll be needing it!

2 comments:

Afton said...

Hopefully July 4th? Hopefully? I've already got it on my calendar in ink. ;)

Senia said...

Have no fear, we booked our flights last weekend. Trace it over in Sharpie - July 4th it is!