Friday, November 21, 2008

The Windy City

Last weekend I went to Chicago (well, Wheeling) for an OT Student conference. I successfully filled a (free) tote bag full of (free) pens, (free) chapstick, and (free) goniometers (you know you're an OT nerd when you have a comepetition to see who can collect the most gonies). I also put my name on countless info cards in hopes to win a raffle. No such luck, but I am sure I'll be getting all sorts of fun calls and e-mails from employers in Indiana, New Mexico, and Wyoming.

We left school at 5:30am and 21 of us headed out in three minivans. Riding in style! It was an 8 hour drive and boy, is the way backseat of a minivan enjoyable. One week post-journey, I think I've regained feeling in my butt.

That night four of us headed downtown on the Metra. We successfully found the depot and got on the loading platform approximately 14 seconds before the tram came. We had to buy our tickets on the train when the conductor came around, and fyi- they really do punch the little holes in the ticket like in "Polar Express." Although mine wasn't in a magical, Christmas design...




The beautiful Chicago skyscape! This was down towards the lake/Millenium Park.








We only had a few hours in Chicago so we for sure wanted to find some good food. In Rachel Ray-esque fashion, I asked two employees at Sears Tower where they'd recommend going for dinner. Unanimous choice: Giordnano's.
Apparently, this is "world famous stuffed crust pizza."

(Jessica, me, Ashley, and Ruth)




Now THIS is pizza! Deep dish, oodles of cheese and canadian bacon in the middle, topped with sauce and pineapple.

So that was my taste of Chicago!
I'll have to catch Oprah next time.


2 comments:

Afton said...

Yes, but you are a super cute OT nerd.

Heather said...

Mmmmm...I want some of that pizza!! :) Great posting, and I love the pictures! That nighttime skyline could be a postcard. The word that came to mind when I heard about your bag full of free stuff is "SWAG." If you don't know what that means, you should watch more of The Office. :) Thanks for updating.