Thursday, April 23, 2009

Relatively Random Ramblings

1) Yesterday, as I arrived at school, I was digging through my purse to get my cell phone. I had a flood of panic when I couldn't find it, realizing that I must have forgotten to put it in my purse after using it for my alarm clock the night before (cell phone use #1). My heart raced, my stomach churned, and my palms got sweaty (okay, that last part was an exaggeration). I considered going back home to get my phone, BUT, lest you think I am COMPLETELY cell phone dependent, I decided against this.

I quickly scanned through my "to do list" for the day, thinking of phone calls I needed to make (use #2- taking care of business. Legit!). What if Katie couldn't find me in the sea of people at the Reif Run and tried to call (Use #3- Preventing you from having to wander through a crowd aimlessly, looking for someone you're supposed to meet. Pretty legit)? What if my car broke down (use #4- S.O.S- very legit!)-- on the way home from school and --- oh, wait. I only live one mile from campus-- I'd probably be okay. I wouldn't be able to compulsively check my phone for missed calls, voice messages, or texts while I was in class (use #5 - lame!). And ... I might actually have to rely on a wall clock to tell time (Use #6- purposeful, but unneccesary).

After a little more digging, I found my phone, but only after I'd aroused enough panic to be ashamed of myself. I am truly a child of the 21st century.



2) Last night I put face wash in my hair while I was in the shower. I need a vacation.



3) One of the more satisfying parts of my day was following the facial nerve branches all the way to their origin in the styloid-mastoid foramen in the cadaver lab. I need a vacation (and some new hobbies).



4) I have been having ridiculous cravings for sweets and junk food (and, ashamedly, giving in far too often). Today the culprits were homemade sticky buns (I just ate a small piece, thank-you-very-much) and a Mint Oreo Blizzard (I ordered a small, even though my coupon was for a free medium, thank-you-very-much). I need a vacation. Or bigger pants.

2 comments:

Afton said...

One vacation, coming right up! Just hold on a little longer and then you will be in jolly old England and cadavers will be the farthest thing from your mind...at least I hope they will be. I guess you might think of cadavers (or at least decomposed dead bodies) if you go to Westminster Abbey. But they'll be really awesome dead people like Isaac Newton, Chaucer and Elizabeth the first!

kat and luke said...

your vacation is almost here! hang in there senia!