Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Burnt to a crisp

You know when you're roasting marshmallows and you have one that is just perfectly golden brown? You know it's going to be just how a marshmallow should be- toasted on the outside, gooey on the inside.

And then it catches on fire and you know have a piece of charcoal on your stick. You take a bite, thinking it will still be edible, and then pretend to enjoy the chalkiness of the charcoal.

Well, that happened to me tonight with Chocolate Caramel Bars I was making for my class for my birthday tomorrow. I knew our oven was unreliable, but... I got busy and let my bars cook a minute too long. They looked fine from the top, but upon further examination, I found that they were resting on a nice, chalky layer of charcoal.

Too embarassed to show up to school tomorrow empty handed or with a plate full of charcoal, I whipped up some no bake cookies... instead of studying for Neuroscience or going to bed.

No bake... should be safe. I hope.

(And family, this does not even compare to my "near failure" that was the chocolate trifle).

3 comments:

Heather said...

Haha. The trifle. (Which I didn't think was a disaster at all!) Anywhoo...I don't get the $10 bill thing. You didn't actually bake money in there, right? You mean that you have lost $10?? Sorry, mom brain cells, you know...

P.S. I was wondering when you were ever going to update!!! ;)

Afton said...

OK, did you know that when you start a blog you are supposed to send an e-mail out to everyone you know, but especially your Aunt Afton and announce that you now have a blog and that I should check it every day and comment on it and do all that good stuff?

Anyway, I found you, so it's all good.

OK, how to add a blogroll...

log in, in the upper right hand corner it says (among other things) "customize." Click that.

Then you want to add page element, or maybe it's called "gadget" now. Click on "bloglist" and follow the instructions to add a list of blogs you want to follow.

Easy peasy!

Afton said...

one more thing...the trifle, as heather said, was delicious.

Doesn't even come close (not by light years) to the disaster that was the liquid pumpkin pie. Oh the humiliation!