Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random Thoughts

Reasons I should be happy:

*It was NICE out today. Like 63 degrees nice. Considering we've already had some below-freezing temperatures, this felt awfully nice!

*Gas is $2.29!!! Can you imagine if it fell below $2?!?!

*My internet is working again... not like it's supposed to, but I'm blogging, aren't I?

*Tomorrow is Friday... Girls' Weekend this weekend!

*I can wear my Halloween socks tomorrow and justify eating a few (or 20) pieces of candy.


Reasons I am not so happy:

*Twin A ditched/ruined girl's night be inviting her fiance and his obnoxious high school buddies over to carve pumpkins. There's a huge mess downstairs, and our girl's night was a flop. (Obnoxious = burping, chain-drinking beer, carving progressively "drunk" faces on their pumpkins, leaving the toilet seat up). I'd like to go to bed soon but there's an awful lot of noise!

*My internet is not working the way it's supposed to, and it'll probably self-combust any minute. Or some hacker is probably stealing my identity (I'm not so sure if it's our connection I'm hooked up to...)

*Tomorrow is Halloween, which means I will be tempted by candy all. day. long. And the next day, there will likely be leftover candy lingering about, which means I will be tempted by candy all. day. long.

*I am fleeing the house for the weekend (fortunately), but roommates and aforementioned fiance/obnoxious high school buddies are having a Halloween shindig at our house tomorrow night. I think a kegger will be making a guest appearance.

*I cringe slightly when I think about what shape the house will be in when I get back Sunday.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh dear. Just focus on having a GREAT Halloween & a WONDERFUL girl's weekend. :) Love you!!

Afton said...

Wow, I am suddenly transported back to 1991 and all those fun times my living space/personal space/mental space got invaded in really unfair ways. Luckily I didn't have to deal with the beer factor. I can imagine that really brings the "annoying" factor up exponentially. Sorry.

About your candy, try putting it in the freezer. This way you don't have to say goodbye to it altogether, but if you want to eat it, you have to think about it for 15 minutes while it thaws.